- TUITION FEES UK – £9,250 / EU & INT – £14,750 / US – $38,000
- SCHOLARSHIPS Find out more >
- DURATION 4 Years (Full-time)
- START DATES September & January
- LOCATION Richmond Hill Campus
- ACCREDITATION Richmond University QAA / Middle States Commission of Higher Education (US)
Accounting & Finance
UCAS CODES: 4 YEAR PATHWAY – NN34
Accounting and finance are more than crunching numbers. A role in either industry will prove both satisfying and challenging and also require strategic thinking.
This BSc Accounting & Finance programme is your opportunity to gain a major step towards a globally recognised accounting qualification with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the global body for professional accountants.
Top reasons to study this programme:
- Learn within the flexible Liberal Arts framework. Choose your own path – find out more about the Liberal Arts
- Acquire advanced theoretical and practical knowledge and master the skills demanded by the financial industry
- Gain eight exemptions from some of the professional accounting examinations, accelerating your career progress
- Benefit from practical work experience in an accounting/finance-based, integrated internship
- Complement the study of Accounting and Finance with valuable minors from other academic disciplines such as Maths, Law or Sustainability, improving your employability
- Learn a variety of key business skills such as problem solving, data analysis, IT and communication skills, all highly valued by employers
- Study in an international environment in London, a world-leading financial and accounting centre
Enhance your employability
Our students have gone on to a range of successful careers in finance, business, media and not-for-profit organisations thanks to the unique teaching experience at Richmond. We spoke to those alumni as well as faculty members and employers about career prospects for future students graduating with a dually accredited liberal arts degree.
“Our BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree prepares our learners for a wide range of accounting and finance roles. Our graduates are equipped with practical skills and technical knowledge in accounting, finance, business mathematics and computer applications. The programme is recognised by the professional accounting bodies and offers exemptions towards the ACCA professional qualification.”
– Tahsin Ozalan, Programme Leader
“Overall, BSc in Accounting & Finance provided an invaluable experience from both a theoretical and practical perspective. Moreover, professors were always keen to further develop material towards the real-world aspects, helping in the understanding of material. Students in the program would come together and collaborate in studying to make studying easier, as the content would be more demanding and challenging into the final year of the program.”
“I chose Richmond as it offers both UK and US accreditation, small classes and a very personal approach to education.
Studying BSc in Accounting & Finance combined with a minor in Mathematics allows me to gain comprehensive knowledge of accounting, business, finance as well as quantitative skills and hopefully pursue a career in Finance after graduation.
ACCA exemptions significantly shorten the time required to receive this internationally recognized qualification. Small class size allows for more contact with lectures, and all professors I had experience with are very approachable and helpful. I believe that a degree from Richmond is a sound investment in the future.”
“I have absolutely loved my time at Richmond! The accounting and finance professors make the degree worth it and exciting. They are all willing to take time to sit and discuss with students individually. My favorite part about the courses are the hands-on projects and real-world simulations that making learning the material engaging and convenient.”