- A Richmond transcript is the official record of your academic achievements at Richmond and carries the University seal and signature of the Head of Registry Services.
- Transcripts can be sent or handed directly to students, or sent by the Registry Services to other institutions, employers or students in sealed envelopes.
- Transcripts sent to other institutions (particularly those in the US) may require the transcript envelope to be received by them unopened.
- We do not issue unofficial transcripts, but current students can download these from their Self-Service accounts.
Requesting and Receiving a Transcript
- Students request transcripts by ordering through link below.
- Please submit your transcript order well in advance of the date you will need it. We aim to process transcript orders within 3-5 working days, but this may take longer during busy periods. You should allow time for us to resolve any queries, and for international postage (both Royal Mail and the postal system of the country to which it is being sent).
- We do not send transcripts by email as they contain a large amount of personal information.
- Students will be notified when their transcript has been processed and sent.
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our online ordering, please use this Transcript Request Form until further notice.
Every Richmond graduate is provided with a free transcript, issued after graduation with the Open University degree certificate, so that the OU result will appear on it. Students who graduate in the Fall or Summer terms should refer to OU Validation.
All transcripts cost £10.00.
Transcripts can be mailed directly to you or collected from the Registry Services in Richmond campus. These are stamped ‘issued to student’.
We can also place copies in officially-sealed envelopes and send them to other institutions in the UK or mail them to other institutions overseas (Standard Delivery included)
Transcripts can be sent by DHL for faster delivery (additional £20.00 per address)
Payment will be made at time of ordering via PayPal.
We do not release transcripts on behalf of students with outstanding financial obligations to the University.
We cannot accept any responsibility, including financial, for transcripts lost in transit.
Students who have withdrawn from the University and/or who have been absent without the Registry Services’s approval for one or more semesters, must make an application for readmission to the Registry Services using the form below.
Applications for readmission must be received no later than 1 March for a summer or fall re-admit and 1 October for a spring re-admit. Readmitted students may register with the assistance of the Registry Services at any time after readmission, provided this is after the Priority Registration period for the semester of entry.
Additional material may be requested to inform the University’s decision. Readmitted students will be required to pay deposits and fees as per the above admitted student procedures.
Students dismissed from the University on academic grounds are not normally permitted re-admission.
Request Replacement OU Degree Certificate
Alumni and graduates who have lost their OU Degree Certificate may request a replacement. Duplicate Certificates for these awards have the same standing as the original which they replace, but are produced in the format currently in use and may not be a facsimile copy of the original. The Open University reserves the right not to issue a duplicate or to specify reasons for its decision.
A fee of £46.00 is payable as an administrative charge for processing the application and is not refundable if an applicant is not eligible for the issue of a duplicate certificate.
Order Replacement Richmond Diploma
Alumni who have lost their diploma and would like a replacement document should order through the link below.
The cost to re-issue a diploma is GBP 50. Payments will be made at time of ordering through PayPal.
Please allow at least 4 weeks from receipt of your request to receiving a response from London.