One of the first universities to introduce the liberal arts to the UK, Richmond pioneered this multi-disciplinary approach. Our new Liberal Arts Award which is available to UK students from Fall 2021 celebrates our liberal arts approach, which provides students with diversity, choice and freedom.
We offer a generous scholarship for your entire duration at the University, if you are eligible. The Scholarship can be combined with Student Finance England Loans and other sources of personal funding.
|Liberal Arts Award||Subject to meeting university entry requirements, Direct Applications and UCAS||£3,085 p.a.|
(Hint: Scroll left & right to view the full table)
The Richmond University Difference
- Our scholarships mean that UK students can leave Richmond with lower debt levels than if they attend many other UK universities
- Based on tuition fees of £9,250 in UK universities each year over a three year degree programme, most students will have a loan of £27,750 when they leave (£9,250 x 3)
- At Richmond, where UK students may be eligible for a Liberal Arts Award, this means they can save £3,085 each year off the tuition fees which are £9,250, taking out a loan if needed for the balance of £6,165. Based on a three year programme at Richmond their total loan (excluding interest) would be £6,165 x 3, £18,495 (saving £9,255). Over a four year programme, their total loan (excluding interest) would be £6,165 x 4, £24,660 (saving £3,090)
- Either way, our Liberal Arts Award represents great value for money, saving UK students anywhere between £3,090 and £9,255 over many other UK universities
The figures and estimated debt reduction indicated above are based on the Liberal Arts Award. This Award is offered for Fall 21/Spring 2022 Academic Year entry only and may be subject to change in future intakes.
Our EU Unity in Diversity Majors Award which is new for Fall 2021, celebrates our strong connections with the EU and our diverse, highly international student community at Richmond.
|EU Unity in Diversity Majors Award||Subject to meeting university entry requirements||£5,500 p.a.|
Terms & Conditions: 1.Continuation of the EU Unity in Diversity Majors Award after the first year is conditional on the student achieving a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 from the previous academic year, remaining in good standing and making a positive contribution to University life. 2.The scholarships may vary if fee changes. 3.Richmond has sole discretion to assign, vary or withdraw this award. 4.We reserve the right to adjust the value, volume and eligibility criteria of our scholarships.
Get involved, retain your scholarship and succeed at Richmond
In order to retain the Award throughout the duration of your programme, scholarship holders are expected to be actively involved in the community of the University.
We have devised a wide range of options for students where your involvement will be monitored. This is in keeping with the University’s mission, vision and values of social responsibility and community engagement.
Research indicates that students who are involved in their academic community are high achievers, develop more skills and are more confident and articulate people. Engaging in the activities we outline here also results in a more positive, fulfilling student experience.
Scholarship Maintenance Criteria:
- Maintaining the appropriate level of academic achievement
- Volunteering for five hours a semester on one of the following:
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Representation
- Student Leadership
- Participating or running Clubs and Societies
- Working on Campus
- Working in the community
- Local volunteering
- Participating to achieve the Globally Orientated Community Membership Award in three terms
Planning and tracking your involvement is really easy and is managed through the University’s Careers Portal operated by the Student Affairs Office.
The Sean Steadman Art Scholarship
|The Sean Steadman Art Scholarship||USD $1,000|
This is one scholarship available to applicants commencing study at Richmond from January 2021 as well as current students at Richmond from any of the three programmes below, with a minimum 3.0 CGPA.
All applicants for this scholarship should send a submission of 500-1000 words on ‘How the degree programme you are applying for will help you reach your career objectives’, before Friday 27 November 2020, ideally together with some images taken from your portfolio (if relevant). The total sum amount of USD $1,000 will be deducted from tuition fees (one payment only, not for each year of study) and can be used in conjunction with SFE funding.
- BA Art History & Visual Culture
- BA Film & Photography
- MA Art History & Visual Culture
Sean Steadman was a student at Richmond, graduating in 2014 with a BA in Art & Design and then went into the MA programme in Art History & Visual Culture.
Please send us your submission with your application and entitle the document “The Sean Steadman Scholarship” via email to: email@example.com.
Student Finance England (SFE) Information – Home/UK Students
You can explore two sources of funding for undergraduate study.
- Student Finance England Loans
- Richmond Scholarships (merit based)
We recommend that you explore your funding options as early as possible. The Student Finance Calculator will help you determine what funds may be relevant for you. Please see the information below for more details.
Please contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Finance England (Tuition Loan)
UK Government loans for higher education study are administered by Student Finance England (SFE). There are two types of Student Finance England Loans.
- Tuition Loans contribute towards the cost of tuition only
- Maintenance Loans cover living costs such as accommodation, books and bills
The tuition fee loans for English and EU nationals £6,165 per year for tuition fees. Alternative and private universities like Richmond are not publicly funded. The Government recognizes the academic quality of private not for profit universities but the maximum tuition loan amount for students studying at a private not-for-profit university is £6,165. This loan amount will not cover the entire undergraduate tuition fee.
Richmond offers scholarships and advice on alternative source of funding that help you to fund your studies.
How to Apply for your SFE Loan
How To Apply
- The quickest and easiest way to apply is online at Student Finance website here
- We recommend that you apply as soon as possible to make sure that you have your funding in place before the start of your course
- Please note that the deadline dates are different for students from Wales
We would also encourage you to read the Student Finance Guide prior to submitting your application.
For further details, please contact our Admissions Office.
Telephone: + 44 (0) 20 8332 8330
SFE Course codes for new students applying for loans:
Please reference the chart below to find your course code, which will be required when completing your SFE application.
Please ensure you use the UCAS codes listed below, even if you currently hold an offer of study for one of our 3 Year Pathway programmes.
SFE Course Code
UCAS Course Code
|Accounting & Finance with Combined Studies||716683||NN34|
|American Studies with Combined Studies||836246||T700|
|Art History and Visual Culture with Combined studies||716694||4A36|
|BA (Hons) Business Management: Entrepreneurship with Combined Studies||836248||N100|
|BA (Hons) Business Management: International Business with Combined Studies||836300||N120|
|Communications: Advertising & Public Relations||838504||NP52|
|Communications (Media Studies) with Combined Studies||836402||P300|
|BSc Computer Science with Combined Studies with Combined Studies||947412||C100|
|Economics with Combined Studies||836413||L100|
|Digital Communication and Social Media with Combined Studies||883432||D200|
|BA (Hons) Fashion Management & Marketing with Combined Studies||836328||NW52|
|Film & Photography||836518||P400|
|Film Studies with Combined Studies||836416||P303|
|BA (Hons) Finance & Investment with Combined Studies||834019||NN33|
|International History with Combined Studies||834021||V100|
|International Sports Management with Combined Studies||836904||No course code|
|Social Sciences: International Relations with Combined Studies||836512||L240|
|BA (Hons) Marketing with Combined Studies||802876||NN15|
|Social Sciences: Political Science with Combined Studies||836514||L210|
|Social Sciences: Psychology with Combined Studies||836516||C880|