- TUITION FEES UK – £24,250 / EU & INTERNATIONAL – £28,000
- DURATION 4 Years (Full-time)
- START DATES September & January
- ACCREDITATION Richmond University QAA / Middle States Commission of Higher Education (US)
- LOCATION Headingley Campus, Leeds
- SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABILITY UK ONLY – £3,085 p.a.
Looking for an International Sports Management degree with a difference? Achieve a US and UK degree and combine your passion for soccer with a BA in International Sports Management which will give you a head start on and off the pitch for a career in the sports and leisure industries.
Join our highly qualified, internationally renowned team at Leeds-based Richmond International Academic and Soccer Academy (RIASA) for your coaching training and all of your studies.
Top reasons to study this programme:
- Learn within the flexible Liberal Arts framework. Choose your own path – find out more about the Liberal Arts
- Gain all-round knowledge of International Sports Management which will equip you for a career in the sports industry anywhere in the world
- Develop your soccer skills as you train with professional UEFA A and Pro licensed coaches and gain highly valued soccer coaching qualification
- Gain practical experience through an integrated internship in International Sports Management, enhancing your career options
- Learn through the American liberal arts tradition, which helps broaden perspective and develops practical skills
- Opportunities for trials with clubs in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Slovenia & Latvia
Play UK soccer. Earn a US & UK degree.
RIASA is the only programme of its kind in the world, offering student-athletes, the opportunity to study for a dual-accredited US/UK degree whilst playing soccer in a professional UK soccer environment in Leeds. This BA provides students with the opportunity to pursue their ambitions in soccer with a respected, reliable and transferable degree if their path doesn’t lead to the professional game.
“We believe the combination of education and sport are truly transformative experiences. RIASA is a unique programme that offers students the opportunity to develop their passion for sport within a combination of academic and athletic settings. The degree programme is innovative and rigorous – providing students with key skills needed to succeed within sports management and business environments, and preparing graduates for professional career opportunities offered by global sporting industries.”
– Dr Colin Howley, Director of RIASA Programme
“From the first time I stepped on campus, I knew the experience would be different to that back home in the US. Football is life over here in the UK and that’s exactly what I wanted to be around.
I was able to train around 4 times a week and travel all around Yorkshire, then Europe and even the world, through football. RIASA took me to places I had never thought about. Riga, Latvia then Kemi, Finland and even Shenzen, China.”
“The playing experience has been fantastic because of the experienced staff at RIASA. The international group of players that we have really broadens your outlook not just in football but culturally.
This programme has really helped me to look at football in a different way, looking at the bigger picture tactically but also helping me to look at my own game, right down to the small technical aspects as well. Football here is more physical than in the US and it’s a much faster paced game. The staff give you all the knowledge and tools to adjust your game.
There are also a lot of internship opportunities here. A degree in International Sports Management allows players to go into all areas of sports management whether it’s coaching, managing or marketing.”
“Four years ago, I chose RIASA because I was looking for an opportunity to develop as a footballer and continue my education.
Working with and learning from coaches who have experience at such high levels of football has allowed me to develop my game and become a more complete footballer. Along with the coaching, RIASA has provided me with the opportunity to play against very talented oppositions, both here in England and around the world. From playing professional academies of premiership and championship clubs in England to travelling around Europe and even to China.
I have been able to do all of this, the travel, the football, and the training, all while still working on my degree which I was able to complete in four years. Due to the unique structure of RIASA that allows athletes to play and study at the same time without having to sacrifice either along with the incredibly helpful academic and support staff, I was able to complete my degree while still prioritising my football development.
After four years here, I have experienced the world, met great people, become a better footballer, and completed university. It has been an unforgettable experience and am happy that I chose RIASA.”