The BA Degree in Fashion Management and Marketing is tailored to give our students the latest insights from the fashion industry and retail businesses. This programme allows students to gain a strong knowledge and expertise within other fields such as accounting, finance, marketing and operations applied to the fashion management.
The degree gives students awareness and the know-how to conduct relevant market/consumer research and forecast trends. It also provides students with necessary tools to be able to compile insights into consumer and fashion buyer behaviour.
We offer courses in functional areas such as fashion communication, fashion retail & merchandising, fashion product development, and luxury brand management, giving our students the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of the industry according to their personal interest.
This programme ensures students have an innovative and visionary approach as marketers. The academics and teaching methods support our mission to further develop students’ creative and analytical skills, to stand out in a competitive fashion marketplace. Graduates will acquire transferable skills such as team work and leadership – qualities that will make them progress in their career and gain access to top graduate schools worldwide.
Top 5 reasons to study this programme:
- Learn how to identify and market the true value proposition of the products and services as well as conducting market/consumer research
- Learn about consumer psychology in relation to luxury brands
- Develop skills in trend-spotting, by applying the principles of fashion buying and merchandising
- Gain practical insights into the fashion industry and global experience through internships in leading fashion cities such as London, Rome, Florence, Beijing, Shanghai
- Contribute to the Richmond Fashion Society and write for our Magazine
A Level: 96 UCAS points
US High School Diploma (or equivalent): 2.5 GPA minimum (on 4.0 scale)
International Baccalaureate: 24 IB points (year 1) BTEC National Diploma: MMM.
Completion of Year 12-13 International equivalent secondary school qualification with a minimum grade average of grade of C including mathematics and English
☐ IELTS 5.5 with 5.5 in each Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
☐ TOEFL (IBT) 80+ overall with: Listening 17, Reading 18, Writing 17, Speaking 20
☐ Petersons Test of English (PTE) 51
☐ Overall Cambridge English Scale score of no less than 168 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
How to Apply
You apply directly using the Common Application ($50.00) or the Richmond One Line Application. In order to submit your application you will need the following information
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- A personal statement – this can either be emailed as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- An electronic copy of your in process or completed high school (secondary school) transcript and graduation certificate
When to apply
We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible, even if you are still completing your undergraduate programme. In this case you will be offered a place that is conditional on successfully completing a specified qualification and an English language test if applicable. If you would like your application to be considered for a Richmond scholarship, we strongly recommend to apply asap.
Admission is by interview unless you live outside the UK when we may interview you via Skype or by telephone. We may also determine your suitability on the basis of their application and qualifications.