Nastaran’s first degree is in Computer and Electronic Engineering. She holds an executive MBA degree gained from International Business School, University Technology of Malaysia (UTM), with a concentration in Strategic Management. Additionally, Nastaran has more than ten years of management practice with local and international experience, specifically in Computer, Telecom, Creative and textile Industries.
Nastaran is studying for a PhD at Birkbeck, University of London. Her research is looking into Cluster dynamics in mature industries and declining regions, and examines Cluster dynamics and binding constraints to the growth of firms within Industrial Clusters. By using a diverse set of data and methodological approaches, her research study addresses different issues in relation to Industrial Cluster; including looking at both aspects of the Cluster dynamics: entry and exit. This research also looks at knowledge spillover and survival rates of firms within the cluster and, by using the resource-based theory, it examines internal resources and capabilities that lead to the difference in performance of Clusters. Also, her research aims to explore all possible variables impacting on cluster dynamics, such as capital intensification, globalization, regional economies, proximity, labour skills and specialization.
Nastaran is teaching Marketing and Research Methods courses at Richmond University. Her academic career has been developed and enhanced since 2010 by teaching at Birkbeck College, University of London, Hult International Business School in London and Richmond University. Her professional qualifications include ‘Associate Fellow of The Higher Education Academy in recognition of attainment against the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and learning support in higher education’.
- Labour, wages and working conditions in Clusters
- Inter-firm relations and collaboration in Clusters
- The relationship between creative industries and Cluster survival and dynamics
- Fashion and luxury marketing
- Computer and Electronic Engineering degree
- Executive MBA, International Business School, University Technology of Malaysia (UTM)
Teaching & learning
- MKT 5200 – Principles of Marketing
- MKT 5410 – Psychology of Fashion and Luxury Goods
- MKT 6405 – Marketing Planning and Strategy
- MGT 7550 – Extended Dissertation
- MGT 5210 – Research Methods