- TUITION FEES UK – £9,250 / EU & INT – £14,750 / US – $38,000
- SCHOLARSHIPS Find out more >
- DURATION 4 Years (Full-time)
- START DATES September & January
- LOCATION Richmond Hill Campus
- ACCREDITATION Richmond University QAA / Middle States Commission of Higher Education (US)
UCAS CODES: 3 YEAR PATHWAY – RU09 / 4 YEAR PATHWAY – L210
Constant political change and upheaval dominate our lives today. Go behind the headlines to discover the structures and ideas that shape global politics, and open up a wide range of exciting career possibilities with this BA.
Whether it’s doing postgraduate study or working in government, international organisations, NGOs, business, social enterprises, finance, law, or the media, the choice will be yours.
Top reasons to study this programme:
- Learn within the flexible Liberal Arts framework. Choose your own path – find out more about the Liberal Arts
- Acquire an analytical grasp of contemporary social, political and economic issues of concern to policy makers, business, the media and civil society
- Access to leading non-governmental, governmental and political institutions will bring your studies alive
- Gain vital work experience with an international internship, enhancing your career opportunities, while building experience with writing in a range of professional formats from project evaluations, policy briefs and policy-maker profiles to NGO campaign analyses and project grant applications.
- Take part in field trips to the European Parliament, Council and Commission and NATO in Brussels and the International Court of Justice in the Hague
- Learn from faculty academics leading research in specialist areas from ‘Politics in the USA’ to ‘Religion, Identity and Power’
Enhance your employability
Our students have gone on to a range of successful careers in finance, business, media and not-for-profit organisations thanks to the unique teaching experience at Richmond. We spoke to those alumni as well as faculty members and employers about career prospects for future students graduating with a dually accredited liberal arts degree.
“We’re delighted to offer this new BA programme from September 2020, which provides students with the skills they need to succeed in the dynamic world of digital communication and social media. This flexible, versatile, and rigorous programme seeks to future-proof graduates for the intellectual and professional opportunities offered by new technology.”
– Dr. Sam Brooker, Programme Leader
“My experience of studying Political Science at Richmond has been wonderful. Politics can at times be a sensitive and complex subject. Having such a diverse, unique student body, and professors receptive of that, has been the best part. By studying here, I feel confident that I can use what I have learned to foster the future I want to see.”
“After earning my BA in Political Science and International Relations from Richmond, I went on to earn my MSc from the London School of Economics and JD from Rutgers School of Law. I am currently a Deputy Attorney General for New Jersey in the Office of Public Integrity and Accountability. I joined my current office after practicing at a large international law firm for more than five years.
There is a through line from my time at Richmond to my current practice. Practicing law requires, among other things, the ability to quickly digest facts, see an issue from all sides, and draw key distinctions among competing arguments. At Richmond, the quality of instruction, class size, and diverse community of students helped make me uniquely prepared for my career.”