- TUITION FEES UK – £9,000 / EU, US & INTERNATIONAL – £13,250
- DURATION 1 Year or 18 months (full-time) / 2 Years (part-time)
- START DATES September & January
- ACCREDITATION Richmond University QAA / Middle States Commission of Higher Education (US)
- LOCATION Kensington Facility
- SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE Find out more >>
Our MA in International Relations aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the forces which shape global politics, combining both theory and real life, with the opportunity to do an internship which puts International Relations into practice.
The programme will enable you to tackle the big issues facing global decision-makers, from war to poverty, from security to the diplomatic practice, looking at the role of the global media in all of these topics.
“Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don’t know each other; they don’t know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated.”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
Top reasons to study this programme:
- Great work experience – opportunity to do an internship as part of your degree in locations such as the House of Commons and US Congress, enhancing your future career opportunities
- Chance to become part of Richmond’s international research community, developing close working relationship with faculty
- See International Relations in practice with the opportunity to visit international institutions like the EU Headquarters in Brussels and The Hague in the Netherlands
- Be awarded a US and UK accredited degree upon successful completion of the course that will be valuable to future employers
- Small class sizes, with an average of 10 people in every class, ensuring close contact with faculty
Richmond’s 60 second challenge
MA International Relations student Rachel is up next to take the Richmond 60 second challenge. Chiara will answer questions about the MA International Relations programme and why she chose to study at Richmond, The American International University in London.
“Our aim with this MA programme is to combine the rigorous, critical study of the complex field of global politics with opportunities to test that knowledge through practical experience of the many vocations and roles that fall under the broad banner of international relations.”
– Dr Paul Rekret, Programme Leader
“Completing a Master’s in International Relations at Richmond was a rewarding and fulfilling experience for me.
Richmond offers the opportunity to interact with a culturally diverse community. It stimulates discussion within a small classroom setting which in turn leads students to learn, understand, and appreciate different perspectives. In addition, the University’s professor to student ratio promotes a more personalised education with individual attention – a highly valuable asset not only throughout each semester, but especially for dissertation writing purposes.
The International Relations programme at Richmond played a fundamental role in defining my career goals. After graduating, I went on to start a non-profit organisation – Manos Amistosas – that provides educational tools and programmes to impoverished children and adolescents in Colombia, with the goal of reducing rates of violence and unplanned pregnancies in the country.”
“My year at Richmond was challenging and exciting. One thing I treasure the most about my experience at Richmond is the deep connections I was able to build.
Richmond offered me the perfect experience: an international campus with a diverse student body, and the possibility to engage in one-to-one sessions with my professors.
In my opinion, Richmond’s key advantage is the support that all the students receive, from the open day to the day they receive their degree.”