From the word ‘go’, the emphasis is on the practical as you’ll develop and present your creative project. You’ll be able to live and breathe advertising and PR with an optional accredited internship and mandatory research project at the end of the programme, developing your critical thinking skills and gaining invaluable working experience.
The programme also provides in-depth academic insights of the advertising and PR industries, their digital transformation and how they affect consumers and social media audiences worldwide.
Guest speakers, who are leading figures in the advertising and PR world, are invited to share their knowledge and experience with our MA students over the course, ensuring you’ll be aware of emerging industry trends. Just to give you a flavour, these are some of the guest speakers who have been featured on the programme:
- Senior Creative, BBC
- Art Director, Miramax
- Celebrity Publicist, Dundas Communications
- Director, Ogilvy
- Global Chief Strategy officer, McCann
In addition, you could have the opportunity to do some inspiring site visits to some of London’s top communications agencies.
Perfect your digital media skills and learn how advertising and PR fit into the global marketing communications mix.
In the second semester, you’ll be able to gain knowledge and skills by choosing electives from a captivating choice of topics, including Celebrities, Marketing and the Media; Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management and Political Communication.
Through our partnership with them, you’ll also have membership of The Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) – Europe’s largest and most influential PR and communications membership body –enabling you to attend free networking events and participate in additional online learning.
- Advertising Practice
- Public Relations Practice
- Advertising, Public Relations & Journalism in Context
- Advertising & Public Relations in the Global Marketing Communications Mix
- Professional Digital Media Skills
plus ONE elective
- Fashion, Luxury Brands & the Media
- Celebrities, Marketing & the Media
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management
- International Relations & the Media
- Project Management
- Corporate Governance
- Leadership, Mentoring, Coaching
- Marketing in a Digital World
- International Art Market
- Internship with Professional Research Project
- Extended Professional Research Project
Course content and delivery can be subject to change. For more detailed information on the programme specification, please find more details here