Request a Transcript
- A Richmond transcript is the official record of your academic achievements at Richmond and carries the University seal and signature of the Academic Registrar.
- Transcripts can be sent or handed directly to students, or sent by the Academic Registry to other institutions, employers or students in sealed envelopes.
- Transcripts sent to other institutions (particularly those in the US) may require the transcript envelope to be received by them unopened.
- We do not issue unofficial transcripts, but current students can download these from their Self-Service accounts.
Requesting and Receiving a Transcript
- Students request transcripts by completing a Transcript Request Form (see below).
- The completed Transcript Request Form should be submitted either in person on campus, by fax, by mail or as a scanned and emailed copy. Note: We cannot accept simple email requests without the completed form.
- If sending the form by Fax please mark for the attention of the Academic Registrar and send to + 44 208 332 3050 (from the United States, please dial 011 44 208 332 3050).
- If sending the form by e-mail please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line of: “Transcript Request form – your complete name”.
- Please submit your transcript request well in advance of the date you will need it. We aim to process transcript requests within 3-5 working days, but this may take longer during busy periods. You should allow time for us to resolve any queries, and for international postage (both Royal Mail and the postal system of the country to which it is being sent).
- We do not send transcripts by email as they contain a large amount of personal information.
- We do not acknowledge transcript requests (except by Outlook receipt acknowledgement) or notify students when they are sent.
Every Richmond graduate is provided with a free transcript, issued after graduation with the Open University degree certificate, so that the OU result will appear on it. Students who graduate in the Fall or Summer terms should refer to OU Validation.
Transcripts can be mailed directly to you or collected from the Academic Registry in Richmond campus. These are stamped ‘issued to student’ and cost £7.00 (if attended from 01.09.1992 to now)or £15.00 each (attended before 1992).
We can place copies in officially-sealed envelopes and send them to other institutions in the UK or mail them to other institutions overseas at a cost of £7.00 (if attended from 01.09.1992 to now) or £15.00 each (attended before 1992).
Transcripts can be sent by DHL for faster delivery (additional £20.00 per address)
Payments can be made in person at the Finance Office or by submitting your credit/debit card details on the transcript request form.
We do not release transcripts on behalf of students with outstanding financial obligations to the University.
We cannot accept any responsibility, including financial, for transcripts lost in transit.