Richmond offers a small selection of focused postgraduate courses designed to challenge, stimulate and prepare students for professional specialisation.
- All programmes begin with a Fall entry term;
How to apply:
We are accepting applications for Fall entry term.
If you require a visa to study in the UK then we strongly suggest that you submit your application and supporting documents to us by 1st July 2017. We may still be able to consider applications received after this date but this will depend on your individual circumstances.
If you do not require a visa to study in the UK then we suggest you submit your application and supporting documents by 1st August 2017.
UK first degree with minimum second class honours (2.2) or a US Degree with a minimum CGPA of between 2.70 and 3.00, or an international equivalent. The University accepts a wide range of international undergraduate degree award qualifications
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Pearson PTE: 57 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- TOEFL IBT: 87 with: Listening 21 Reading 21 Writing 21 Speaking 21
- Cambridge English: Proficiency: Level C2 or Level C1
If you need a Tier 4 student visa to study in the UK and you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country** then you will need to provide us with results of an IELTS test taken within the last two years. You will need to obtain a score of at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 5.5 in each element for postgraduate study.If you are not a visa national but are from a country where English is not the first language we will ask for evidence of your English language ability. We can accept a variety of English language tests including IELTS, Pearson Academic Test of English and Cambridge English.
**Majority English speaking countries are Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago and USA.
Please submit the following items to be considered for one of our Postgraduate Programmes:
- A completed Postgraduate Application for Admissions form.
- A personal statement
- At least one Confidential Academic Reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Proof of bachelor’s degree (via transcripts)
- Official/Certified Transcripts of all undergraduate work
For applicants who have attended non-U.S. universities:
- Please submit certified copies of all grades (including courses taken), diplomas, certificates of programme completion, and any end-of-program or end-of-year examination results.
- If the transcripts are not in English, official translation will be required.
- English Language Test Results:
- A GRE test score is not required from applicants but will be considered
- Any professional experience and other evidence of commitment to the subject area are considered in order to provide a broader picture of an applicant’s suitability to the programme.
- It is also encouraged to submit a Sample of Academic Writing (must be academically cited; 8-20 pages and/or 2,000-5,000 typed words), though please note this is not required.
The admissions process is a multi-step team approach. Typically, applications are reviewed by the Postgraduate Applications Review Committee which consists of the Programme Director and the Head of Admissions. These parties will be responsible for deciding upon all matters pertaining to this area.
Applications are reviewed holistically. Applications are not eliminated for admission based on test scores, nationality, gender, ethnicity or other factors. Each criterion is considered to provide a holistic picture of an applicant’s qualifications. This process allows the committee to select those candidates most likely to be successful in our Programmes.
Privacy and Security of Student Information
Richmond takes the privacy and security of our prospective students seriously and therefore we would prefer to discuss details of your application and enrolment with you directly rather than with parents, relatives or friends. In exceptional circumstances we may talk to a third party about your application but we will need your permission before we do this so that we are compliant with UK and US Data Protection Laws. If you need us to talk to a nominated third party on your behalf then please complete and return this form.
Third Party Information Form