Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice & Guidance
While we will make every effort to provide all of our students with any updated information, the COVID situation may change quickly, and the advice below is subject to change on the basis of UK Government policy.
If you are a Richmond staff or faculty member, click here to visit the dedicated portal.
Updated: 29 November 2021
Latest UK Government advice
The rules for international travel to England changed from 4 October 2021, with the key points being:
- new clearer travel system: red list and rest of world
- 8 destinations removed from red list including Turkey and Pakistan
- government recognises full vaccinations from a further 17 countries and territories including Japan and Singapore
Update on 29 November 2021
If you are fully vaccinated and arrive in England from Tuesday 30 November, you:
- must self-isolate
- take a PCR test before the end of day 2 after you arrive (lateral flow tests will not be accepted)
- can leave self-isolation if your PCR test result is negative
You can find more UK Government approved information here.
For detailed information on travelling to the UK visit our Important Information for Students webpage.
For students on campus
- We have been informed of 17 employees who have tested positive for Coronavirus – one of these has been on campus
- We have been informed of 45 students who have tested positive for Coronavirus – four of these have been on campus
These are cumulative figures for positive tests among employees and students since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
Update on campus services
- In person services including catering, security and cleaning will remain available this semester
- Student Affairs provision will be unchanged. In-person Student Affairs support is available at Richmond and at 37 High Street Kensington
- Registry Services are available on site in Richmond Monday – Friday 9am-5pm, Kensington is by appointment only.
- Please refer to the Library calendar for details of online support and staffed opening hours at both Richmond and 37 High Street Kensington
- Finance Department is available to contact via email email@example.com or via telephone Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm on +44 (0) 20 8332 8334. Request student refunds and refund queries via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Details on how to pay can be found here.
- Other offices and departments will be available both in-person and online
We would like to thank all of our students for their perseverance and persistence during these very challenging times. The education of our students and their safety remain our top priorities.
Although legal restrictions on COVID-19 have now eased, everybody needs to continue to act carefully and remain cautious. This is why we are keeping in place key protections:
- On-campus accommodation: students are being housed in zones which will operate as a household with some shared facilities and common space. We are also still allowing no non-residential guests in student residential areas. This is a response to Government guidance about limiting contacts while in larger residential areas
- Hand sanitiser at every entrance, in computer labs, library and offices
- Stepped up cleaning on high touch areas and public toilet facilities
- All guests must sign in and out at our reception desk and must follow our guest guidance to comply with NHS Track and Trace
- The University is also:
- offering unique building entry and exit points to manage the flow of people
- asking all community members to adhere to room capacities
- Compulsory mask wearing in corridors, classrooms and offices is required
We are also encouraging people to get vaccinated. This is free and available by appointment through your local doctor’s surgery if you are registered with the NHS or through a walk in clinic for anyone 18+ years of age.
See here for more details.
Self-test kits are available from the NHS directly and they are available on campus for students currently free of charge.
For information on how to take these tests please read through our Asymptomatic Testing Guide.
You can also collect a self-test kit via post, your local authority or participating pharmacies in your area. More details are available on this link. We also urge everyone to come forward for vaccination as soon as one is made available to you.
Click here for travel information for any international students and parents who are travelling to the UK.
Richmond awarded independent certificate of assurance for COVID-19
We are delighted to announce that Sodexo, who are responsible for facilities management at the University, have been awarded a Certificate of Assurance from Bureau Veritas for implementing appropriate measures, policies and procedures, in accordance with local and national guidelines and WHO guidance to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
These high standards help to minimise the risk posed by COVID-19 at the University. The Sodexo team manages the cleaning, security, catering, reception, maintenance and energy procurement at Richmond.