- TUITION FEES UK – £9,250 / EU & INT – £14,750 / US – $38,000
- SCHOLARSHIPS Find out more >
- DURATION 4 Years (Full-time)
- START DATES September & January
- LOCATION Richmond Hill Campus
- ACCREDITATION Richmond University QAA / Middle States Commission of Higher Education (US)
UCAS CODE: 4 YEAR PATHWAY – NN15
Do you have the ideas and vision to spot market opportunities, predict the next big thing and create communication campaigns which capture both attention and market share?
Then take the opportunity to study BA Marketing at Richmond.
This programme will provide you with the essential principles, skills and knowledge you’ll need for a successful career in the dynamic marketing industry, from sales to branding to distribution.
Top reasons to study this programme:
- Learn within the flexible Liberal Arts framework. Choose your own path – find out more about the Liberal Arts
- Build a comprehensive business understanding which puts marketing into context within organisations
- Examine successful global marketing practices and how they can secure a competitive advantage and success for organisations
- From concept to product launch, learn how to position and promote products/services with an extensive analysis of the marketplace and how to engage effectively with a target audience
- Compare strategies involved in marketing and branding
- Discuss the contemporary debate over marketing ethics, and contrast different ethical approaches to the study of marketing
Enhance your employability
Our students have gone on to a range of successful careers in finance, business, media and not-for-profit organisations thanks to the unique teaching experience at Richmond. We spoke to those alumni as well as faculty members and employers about career prospects for future students graduating with a dually accredited liberal arts degree.
“We are proud to have an impressive faculty teaching on this programme. Students will benefit from the professional experience of their professors.”
– Professor Sabine Spangenberg, Programme Leader
“I graduated from Richmond in 2011 with a degree in BA Business Administration: Marketing and a Minor in Theatre. I chose to study at Richmond because of its location and the international experience it offers.
My time at Richmond, thanks to the great support I received from the professors, prepared me for my career path. I have received plenty of advice on which career path to take and whether there are other attractive opportunities worth considering. This is an incredible advantage students should make full use of, to make sure they are not missing anything out there.
My advice for current students who are looking to start their career is to follow your gut feeling, don’t jump start your career. Take your time travelling, understanding different cultures, doing temporary jobs along the way. Thanks to Richmond I had the opportunity to follow my gut and ambitions I got the job offer as an Account Manager at Amazon, based in Italy.”
“I came to Richmond because I wanted to be surrounded by a culturally rich environment that would introduce me to various perspectives, which is exactly what I got. Alongside a great support system from the professors and academic advisors, I feel ready to face the challenges that my future career path will throw at me.
My courses have equipped me with marketable skills, such as critical thinking and divergent thinking, and I have gained many valuable friendships with extraordinary people from around the world.”
“I graduated from Richmond in 2008 with a BA in Business Administration with a major in Marketing. From 2009, I worked with the university department within the Middle East Recruitment and Admission team. I now work as the Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator at Le Royal Meridien in Abu Dhabi.
I was interested in coming to Richmond because of its diverse culture and my desire to live and study in London. I chose to study a major in marketing because I enjoy the creative processes involved in the development of new ideas.
For me, Richmond is characterized by the friendly atmosphere of campus life and the diversity of its student body. Most importantly, I feel that a key advantage to Richmond’s education and culture is the one-to-one relationships that students develop with their professors.”
“Marketing can be a very broad and abstract major to undertake, so it was always useful to be supplied the most experienced, interpersonal and commercially co-ordinated professors employed from the likes of PWC, KPMG and BP. They ensured that the theories and creative capabilities remained applicable whilst engaging, the uniquely formatted smaller class sizes; ensured the upmost attention to each students ability whilst amplifying the ‘students’ voice’.”
“I am about to graduate and enter the world of digital media analytics, a field that requires confidence, lateral thinking and esoteric knowledge, all of which have been enhanced by my time with internationals, knowledge-rich professors at the higher end and an eco-system of students who will remain dear to me.”