Funding Your Undergraduate Studies UK and EU Nationals
The student finance information provided on this page is for UK and European Union nationals. You can explore three source of funding for undergraduate study at Richmond. You may be able combine your funding from a combination of sources.
- Student Finance England Loans
- Richmond Merit and Needs Based Scholarships
- Private Educational Loan (Future Finance)
We recommend that you explore your funding option as early as possible. The Student Finance Calculator will help you determine what funds for which you may be eligible. Please see the tabs below for the various funding options. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Applicants typically must meet at least one of the following academic achievements for successful admission into the University:
- A Level*: BBC
- US High School Diploma (or equivalent): 2.5 GPA minimum (on 4.0 scale)
- International Baccalaureate*: 28
- BTEC National Diploma*: DMM
- ABMA Diplomas and Certificates*
- SAT: 1700
- ACT composite: 24
- French Baccalaureate*: 12 Assez bien
- Abitur (Germany)*: 2.5 – 2.7
- Esame di Stato (Italy)*: Overall average of 70 or above
University English Language Proficiency Requirements
- English is the language of instruction at Richmond.
- To meet the entrance requirements for university study, applicants must achieve a designated level of English language proficiency. All students (with the exception of students whose first language is English) must submit either IELTS or Pearson Academic Test of English results when applying for admission. Results must be current within two years at the time of application. Submission of SAT/ACT scores is optional. The University no longer accepts TOEFL.
- UK Border Agency Language Requirements
- Non-EU/UK citizens should review the Home Office English language exam requirements and submit the appropriate exam results to us as soon as possible.
- The UKBA has clear guidelines and requirements. All applicants must achieve the minimum requirements in all 4 components (listening, reading, speaking and writing). The minimum entry requirement for a degree level course is a Common European Framework grade of B2. IELTS and Pearson equivalents are shown below.
- IELTS – a score of at least 5.5 in each element
Pearson Academic Test of English – a score of at least 51 in each element
- For further information, contact the Office of Admissions.
- Home Office links:
Home Office – English Language
Home Office – Approved tests and required results for Level B2
Find out more about Undergraduate Scholarships