June 12 the first cohort of Visiting Richmond Fellows arrived on campus for the start of their two week residency fellowships. Sponsored by AIFS and Richmond the American International University in London the Fellows are in London to conduct research for upcoming UK-based projects which were shortlisted from a large number of partner university applications. Next week the fellows will be presenting, alongside Richmond faculty, at a symposium that is open to the academic community here at large and which is intended to initiate collaborative projects with Richmond colleagues (the conference programme can be found here). It is hoped that this fellowship will be an annual event which AIFS and Richmond can continue to sponsor for their international partners.
- Paul Rekret publishes new book, Derrida and Foucault: Philosophy, Politics, PolemicsOctober 17, 2017 - 2:35 pm
- Foreign Policy Analysis publishes new work on US Pacific military bases and empire by Richmond International History prof Dom AlessioOctober 9, 2017 - 9:23 am
- Visit to Blue Raincoat MusicOctober 2, 2017 - 10:32 am
- Fantasy Apocalypse – A One-Day Joint Symposium of all things Science Fiction, fantasy and horror with The University of Northampton and Richmond The American International University in LondonOctober 10, 2017 - 2:57 pm
- On Friday 13th October, one member of the electro comedy duo Cassetteboy will speak in Dr. Nicola Mann’s AVC 4205 Introduction to Visual Culture class. Cassetteboy are known for their ‘mashups’ of celebrities such as David Cameron and Alan Sugar.October 9, 2017 - 10:17 am
- Undergraduate Open Day – 24th November 2017October 2, 2017 - 2:16 pm
- Dr. James D. Boys to give talk on the 2016 Presidential ElectionOctober 2, 2017 - 1:50 pm