Become a Richmond Pioneer
Would you like to go to university but don’t have the right A level grades or the equivalent?
Well, now you can. At Richmond American University London, we believe every student should have the opportunity to dream big, reach their potential and succeed.
That’s why, for the first time, we are launching our Richmond Pioneers programme with Foundation, opening up our Liberal Arts degree programmes to students without A levels or the equivalent – offering you the opportunity of a unique, international university education in London.
Tell me about Richmond American University London
- We have a new campus being launched on Chiswick Park, West London from September 2022
- We teach an American style Liberal Arts curriculum and all of our degree programmes take four years
- Our students typically have 15 contact hours each week
- Our students graduate with both a UK and US degree, opening up opportunities on graduation
- We are both highly international and long established – in 2022, we will be celebrating our 50th year
- We offer great student support including a Personal Academic Advisor, with help on housing, health and wellbeing, financial guidance and careers advice from our award-winning Student Affairs team
What our students say about studying at Richmond
A liberal arts education at Richmond provides more diversity, choice and freedom as well as fostering skills like personal and social development, providing students with self-confidence, self-understanding and a sense of social responsibility.
“Richmond has proved itself home for the past three years of my life. I will forever be grateful for the supportive environment and the life-long friends I have made here.
My chosen Major, Communications: Media Studies, provided me with the tools and experience to confidently move into any career of my choosing. The programme is very inclusive and gives all students the chance to explore their strengths to the best of their abilities. Being a Richmond student is something I will be proud of for many years to come.”
“What I gained during my BA in Psychology is experience, knowledge, confidence, and the opportunity to further myself. The small class sizes and the accessibility of faculty help me to fully explore my interests and develop my goals.”
If you are a UK student and you meet the entry criteria of a minimum of five GCSE’s grade C or above (or equivalent), you will be awarded automatically our Liberal Arts Award of £3,085 per year which means you save £12,340 in tuition fees over four years.
What is the Richmond Pioneers programme?
- Open to students with 5 GCSE’s grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Students are supported throughout the four-year duration of the programme to help them succeed – important for building confidence and self-esteem
- Places are limited so we are encouraging students in the local community to apply to celebrate the launch of our Chiswick Park campus
- Choose from our wide range of programmes for undergraduates, from BA Psychology to BSc in Accounting & Finance – all of them have a ‘with Foundation’ option
- Take English and study skills classes which are included in the timetable to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Do an internship which will count towards your degree, it will help make you more employable when you graduate and give you great workplace experience
How does the Richmond Pioneers programme work?
From September 2022, start a four year, full-time degree programme with Foundation – which includes an extra summer semester in the first year, so you can study at your own pace.
Unlike Foundation options available at other universities, all of our programmes ‘with Foundation’ are taught with a Liberal Arts approach which means more choice, more flexibility and more support.
For instance, if you are unsure about what degree to do, it’s easy to switch programmes at the end of the first year.
A life-changing opportunity
Take advantage of this incredible study opportunity. We welcome applications from the local community to help us celebrate our new campus in 2022.
The Richmond Pioneers programme is for you if;
- You are a resident in the Hounslow, Ealing or Hammersmith and Fulham areas
- You have a minimum of five GCSE’s grade C or above (or equivalent)
- You are over 18 or will be in September 2022
- You are uncertain about your future exam results
- You are uncertain about the future – and are not yet interested in other options such as getting a job or doing an apprenticeship
- You want an open-minded and flexible university experience