Richmond Florence Campus
Located in the Palazzo Michelozzi, a 16th century palace between the Arno River and the Pitti Palace, the Richmond Study Center is just a few minutes walk from the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, the Uffizi Gallery, the Duomo and many of the great Florentine museums. The center occupies the ground floor and the piano nobile or first floor above ground level. With its elegant, gracious rooms, the center serves as a convenient, attractive, welcoming environment for students and teachers. Florence is wonderful city.
- Our Programmes are taught in English
- We offer Italian classes from beginners through to intermediate and advanced levels
- The compact city center puts the history, art and architecture of the Renaissance right at your doorstep.
- Be a part of the community, not just a tourist, living in your own Florentine apartment and enjoying restaurants and cafes throughout the city with your RICHMOND meal vouchers.
- Experience the culinary side of Italian culture with wine tasting and cooking classes. Explore Italy’s artistic heritage with visits to museums, art galleries and monuments.
- Participate in the Volunteer work or the Service Learning: two different options to actively become part of the city, live as a local, among people from Florence, helping and establishing deep relations with the community.
- Work as an Intern (up to 6 credits) in a local company and focus your experience abroad to gain international contacts, professional relationships and create a network. Build up your carrier abroad and give a boost to your future!
In addition to consulting with their academic advisors, Richmond degree-course students should consult Richmond’s University Catalogue and the Regulations for Validated Awards of the Open University for Institutions Offering Dual Awards at http://www.richmond.ac.uk/catalogues/