Lisa Rae is Adjunct Associate Professor of Accounting in the School of Business and Economics. She gained a BA(Hons) in Business Administration at the University of the West of England in 1995, and qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA) in 2000.
She has worked in a variety of business sectors, including nine years at KPMG in the audit and then in the Transaction Services departments. During this time she assisted a number of high profile clients from the private and public sectors with due diligence.
Her particular area of specialism during this period was the assessment of bids to operate government transport projects such as rail franchises, including the financial modelling of alternative bids. Following this, she worked as an Investment Analyst for a FirstGroup PLC, assessing global acquisition opportunities.
Teaching & learning
I teach on:
- Accounting & Finance BSC (Hons)
- Business Management: Entrepreneurship BA (Hons)
- Business Management: International Business BA (Hons)
- Economics BA (Hons)
- Fashion Management & Marketing BA (Hons)
- Marketing BA (Hons)
Some of the courses I teach:
- ACC 4205 – Managerial Accounting
- MGT 4205 – Computer Applications in Management