Worked in marketing and advertising for 12 years in Pakistan and UAE at senior management roles including, Group Account Director, Vice President and General Manager.
Started career in academia with UKHE in 2010and taught as Visiting Lecturer at Roehampton Univeristy, University of Hertfordshire and Middlesex University.
Joined Richmond Business School in Fall 2013 as an adjunct and became full time Associate Professor and Programme Director in 2018 for BA Business Management (International Business and Entrepreneurship pathways).
Teach mainly ENT courses across all UG levels and also Digital Marketing and Social Media.
I also supervise Senior Project students of BA Business Management.
In my spare time, I play Tennis and watch football and snooker.
My research interest is in curriculum, pedagogy and assessment.
As a student of EdD, I have developed my pedagogy immensely and that is my main research focus. Additionally, I have conducted projects under the umbrella of “Co-creation of
knowledge with students”.
Am also a member of CLT and am leading the sub-team of Students as Partners across the university.
- EdD – ongoing from University of Bath
- MSc – International Management, University of Reading
- MBA – Marketing, Southeastern University, USA
Teaching & learning
I have taught a range of courses in Marketing, Advertising and Sales across all levels. Am now mostly involved in developing and teaching Entrepreneurship and International Business courses.
- Entrepreneurship and Experiential Teaching at Aydin University, Istanbul, 2018.
- Constructivism and Democratic Classroom at WRC Seminar in September 2021.
Engagement and knowledge exchange
- Imperial College on Gamification and Pedagogy in 2019.
- Harvard Business Publishing and The Higher Education Chronicle (US) with strong focus on pedagogy, curriculum and assessment.