The Richmond University MBA aims to deliver a programme that will equip students with the key competencies companies expect and the critical skills that global organisations value above all: the ability to work with, and lead, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams; to think creatively about complex problems; and engage and create your own knowledge networks to generate innovative solutions.
Our MBA will develop your expertise as a business manager in a collaborative and supportive environment, enabling you to join the ranks of MBA holders who earn significantly above the graduate pay average. With an abundance of networking and career opportunities, you’ll have the chance to grow into an effective business leader aware of the rewards involved in running a successful organisation.
You’ll be assessed through individual and group work. Assessment includes reports, presentations, videos, conferences and competitions, enabling you to develop the skills to master a multitude of situations in the world of business administration.
☐ A first degree in any discipline with a minimum classification of 2.1 (Upper Second Class Honours) or its international equivalent
☐ IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in each Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
☐ TOEFL (IBT) 87 overall with: Listening 21, Reading 22, Writing 21, Speaking 23
☐ Pearson Academic Test of English (PTE) 62
☐ Cambridge English: Proficiency – Level C2 or Level C1
- Dynamic and highly qualified academic staff, who are experts in their field
- Regular guest speakers from various different sectors and industries including the Financial Services and Professional Service Firms
- Access to the Chartered Management Institute’s (CMI) resource portals, ManagementDirect and employment opportunities database for the duration of their studies.
- Additional academic support, mentoring, and careers guidance
- US accreditation through the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Competitive Tuition Fee costs
- Influential and supportive alumni from across the globe
- Located in the South Kensington Central London campus
Key areas of study
- The MBA programme provides an important foundation and the key skills of strategic management, marketing, human resource management and finance
- An opportunity to put theory in to practice through your selected project/dissertation and internships all of which will be supervised by your personal programme tutor
- Personal Development through enhancing your managerial, organisation skills and your professional career
Core Courses (20 credits)
Economics for Business
Global Marketing Strategy
Managing Organizations & People
Electives (4 credits)
Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management
Leadership & Strategic Change
Marketing in a Digital World
International Financial Management
Internship/Dissertation (12 credits)
Extended Dissertation without internship, 15,000 – 20,000 words (12 credits)
Dissertation with internship, 10,000– 12,000 words (8 credits, plus 4 credits for internship)
You apply directly using our online application system. In order to submit your application you will need the following information
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- An electronic copy of your in process or completed transcript or degree award certificate
When to apply
We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible, even if you are completing your undergraduate programme of study. In this case you will be offered a place that is conditional on successfully completing a specified qualification and English language qualification if applicable. If you would like your application to be considered for a Richmond bursary, an early application is strongly recommended
Admission is by interview unless you live outside the UK when we may interview you via Skype or by telephone. We may also determine your suitability on the basis of their application and qualifications alone. Find out more about applying.
Graduates from this programme are eligible to receive a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Award in Strategic Management & Leadership
Skill Based Career Seminars: The Business School works closely with the University’s Department of Student Affairs to offer a series of skill-based careers seminars throughout the academic year on both campuses.
Integrated Internship: Our postgraduate programmes aim specifically to prepare students for careers in related fields and in line with this, all our MBA students may undertake an internship through Careers & Internships Office.
Career Support: On-going support from the Career Support Services Team at Richmond
Graduate Destinations: From the University’s previous MBA programme, graduate employment destinations included: Accenture-Sweden, American Express, BDO Stoy Hayward, BP, Citroen Algeria, Coca-Cola Servicios de Colombia, Credit Suisse Private Banking, European Bank for Reconstruction, Glencore India Pvt Ltd, Ikea Asia Pacific, ING Bank Mexico, Laura Ashley Foundation, Merrill Lynch, Novartis, Royal Bank of Scotland, Standard & Poor’s Investments, Standard Chartered Bank, The Nielsen Company, Turner Broadcasting System, UBS, the United Nations and WPP.