Situated in a quiet residential area, and never more than 50 paces from a lecture theatre, the main building is the oldest on the Richmond campus. It’s a real hub of activity for the university, offering a lot of convenience. With something always happening, there’s a relaxing yet vibrant ‘buzz’ about its atmosphere. This is the place to be if you like to mingle with academics and all of the students from across the campus.
Representing the ‘traditional’ dorm experience, this building features 151 rooms of varying size and shape, with smaller rooms in the tower – the main building provides separate male and female accommodation for up to 193 students.
Each room benefits from having a personal safe. Linen is provided and rooms are cleaned once per week (upon request). Many of the rooms have sink facilities while toilets and showers are shared. Telephoning friends and family back home is easy too – dormitory corridors are equipped with shared telephones.
The main building benefits from key card access and 24-hour security/reception. You will also find a variety of other facilities, including:
- Fully catered, including meal plans
- Dining hall
- Hot and cold beverages and fresh snacks for every taste in our own coffee shop and ‘create your own baguette’ bar
- Common room with cable TV, DVD players, a pool table and table tennis (all free of charge)
- Library, with its own Starbucks coffee shop
- Quiet Zones for study
- Fitness centre
- Computer labs, with free printing
- Vending machine suite for midnight munchies