Legalisation of Richmond Documents

Legalisation of Richmond Documents

Students requiring any of their Richmond documents (diplomas, transcripts etc.) to be legalized for use outside of the UK will need to obtain an Apostille.

Apostille issuance for Richmond students and graduates is based on year of graduation.  The majority of students who graduated from 1993 onwards will be eligible to obtain an apostille via the London Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), but the method of approach to the FCO will differ depending on graduation date.  Students graduating prior to 1993 can obtain an apostille via American authorities – again, date of graduation will determine the approach.

For guidance on legalisation of your Richmond documents, please send an email to, with the following information:

  • Your full legal name at graduation
  • Your Richmond student number
  • Your month and year of graduation
  • Any additional relevant information (eg. if you were readmitted at any point, if you graduated prior to 2001 and decided not to take a Richmond degree, if you have completed more than one degree at Richmond, etc.)

Specialist staff within Registry Services will respond with tailored guidance for you on the appropriate application process.