Summer in Florence 2018
Program at a glance
- Choose between three Academic Programs (a 3-week Maymester, a 4-week Summer program in June or combine both for a 7-week experience) in Florence.
- Students can choose between the Academic Programs and a 7-week Internship Program focusing on hospitality, tourism management and Italian food and wine culture.
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- No previous Italian language study required.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required (2.0 and above considered on a case by case basis).
- Program includes tuition, housing, meal vouchers, and cultural activities.
- Courses offered in anthropology, art history, drawing, entrepreneurship, fashion, history, Italian language, marketing, painting, photography, sociology and Italian food and wine culture.
- The local RICHMOND Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies.
The Program Fees Include:
- Tuition—up to 10 semester credits (subject to program, course and optional trip selection)
- Housing in apartments or as a paying guest in an Italian home (utilities and local stardard wi-fi included). Homestay option available only for the 7-week programs.
- Meals Vouchers
- Maymester—10 breakfast vouchers and 10 dinner vouchers to use in a choice of selected local restaurants, cafès and grocery stores
- 4-week Summer Program—20 breakfast vouchers and 20 dinner vouchers to use at selected restaurants, cafés and grocery stores
- 7-week Programs (Internship and Maymester + 4-week Program)–students receive all meal vouchers outlined above.
- Cultural and social activities such as museum visits, dinner with Italians, cooking and wine tasting classes and gelato tours
- Access to the British Institute Library
- Student support including services of a pre-departure Student Advisory Center and an on-site Resident Director
- Pre-departure handbook