Mrs Charlotte Bonham-Carter
Associate Professor of Visual Arts Management and Curating
Charlotte’s professional background is in curating contemporary art. She has held curatorial positions in a number of visual arts organistions including the Irish Museum of Modern Art, Barbican Art Gallery and the Institute for Contemporary Arts (ICA). Most recently, she was Curator of Art on the Underground, the contemporary art programme of the tube. She is the author of ‘The Contemporary Art Book’ (Goodman 2009 and 2011) and ‘Contemporary Art: The Essential Guide to 200 Groundbreaking Artists’ (Goodman, 2013).
- Bonham-Carter, C. and D. Hodge. Contemporary Art: The Essential Guide to 200 Groundbreaking Artists. London: Goodman, 2013
- Bonham-Carter, C. and D. Hodge. The Contemporary Art Book. London: Goodman, 2009, 2011.
- Roland, ed., issues I-IV (London: Institute of Contemporary Arts, 2009-2011)
- Exquisite Corpse, ed., (Dublin: Irish Museum of Modern Art, 2008).
- June 2013 – ‘Social Inclusion and Cultural Policy in Relation to Museums and Galleries’ at Culture and Power, King’s College London
- June 2013 – ‘Contemporary Visual Arts Galleries and Participation, Access and Social Inclusion from 1997-2010’ at Arts and Society, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
- March 2013 – ‘Instrumental Cultural Policy and the Governance of Contemporary Visual Arts Organisations in London’ at Research at Richmond University, London.