The General English course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to improve their general English skills for work, study or social reasons. You will cover reading, writing, listening and speaking. Our dedicated teachers will work with you to improve your general English through a variety of class activities.
- You will improve your knowledge and confidence in English for professional, academic and social purposes
- You will take part in cultural and social activities in London as part of your course
- Enjoy studying in a central London location with students from around the world
- Your teachers will be experienced academics and EFL professionals
- Our classes are welcoming and offered in a great environment
- You will receive a certificate stating the level of English achieved
- Regular progress test and tutorials are provided
- The course offers 15 hours of class time with 10 to 15 hours a week self-study outside of class also required to complete assignments.
At Richmond, we apply a multi-disciplinary approach to the development of English proficiency which will improve your knowledge and confidence in using English for professional, academic and social purposes. You will develop your general English language skills by:
- Taking part in group discussions
- Learning effective reading strategies using a variety of texts
- Improving your knowledge and use of English grammar
- Developing your vocabulary with vocabulary learning and recall strategies
- Learning to write English using a range of writing styles