Dom Alessio, Dean of International Programmes and Professor of History, gave a keynote speech this week at the University of Vienna for the annual conference of the New Zealand Studies Association. The paper was co-written with Dr. Wesley Renfro from St. John Fischer College, New York. Dom and Wes’s paper was entitled “‘The Island of thieves’: Rethinking Empire and the United States in a South Pacific Context” and examined the way by which military bases were acquired in the region and the significance of such acquisitions – both historically (nuclear testing in the Cold War) and currently (Washington’s pivot to Asia).
- Dr. Jonathan A.J. Wilson publishes new findings on why we post SelfiesMarch 22, 2017 - 9:24 am
- Alumni reunions in Dubai (31st March 2017) and New York (8th May 2017)March 20, 2017 - 12:09 pm
- Richmond Professors Richard Bevan and Rehana Zaman will take part in Multiplexing II at Cineworld Glasgow on Tuesday 21st MarchMarch 17, 2017 - 11:48 am
- London is Open: Cultural Diplomacy post BrexitMarch 21, 2017 - 3:27 pm
- Richmond Fashion Show 2017March 10, 2017 - 9:28 am
- A lecture on Celtic Art by Dr Jody Joy, Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of CambridgeMarch 9, 2017 - 1:18 pm
- Dr Nicola Mann and Student Government President to Host ‘Update TV’ Symposium – in Association with RTS London & BBC AcademyMarch 9, 2017 - 10:27 am