“The founding principle of our institution is Unity in Diversity, and international education, communication and exchange is at the core of our vision, mission and values. As an institution and as individuals we oppose racism and discrimination, and work in solidarity with those seeking social change and justice. We believe black lives matter.”
– Richmond American University London
To be a leading liberal arts university.
Our mission is to educate and inform future generations by providing them with the knowledge and support to think critically, the freedom to challenge assumptions and the skills to work with others.
The University is committed to:
- Building an academic partnership in which students and staff work together in pursuit of knowledge.
- Providing the best of US and UK higher education by offering the breadth of the liberal arts with the focus of single subject degrees. We are the only US University where all degrees are UK awards; we are the only UK University where all undergraduate degrees are taught in an accredited liberal arts framework.
- Creating an environment of academic enquiry and challenge, where students are encouraged to engage, work with and participate in an academic community where interdisciplinary teaching and learning is key to the curriculum.
- Ensuring dedicated student support so that all students can meet their academic and personal challenges no matter their background or educational need.
- Fostering a culture of responsibility, so that students engage with the world around them to take on responsibilities while at University and pursue roles that seek to make a positive contribution after graduation.
- Recognising diversity in our population and in ways of thinking, teaching and considering the world. Richmond is committed to living by the motto of ‘Unity in Diversity’ – we aspire to understand, accept and celebrate what makes us different from each other.
- Supporting academic research and professional engagement, for its value in innovation and creativity and to inform best practices in teaching and learning.
Strategic Plan 2021-2026
Our Strategic Plan 2021-2026 is now available. Click the button below to begin the download.