- 3-week January term study abroad in Rome, Italy
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal plan, excursions and cultural activities, and more.
- Earn 3 semester credits
- No previous Italian language study required
- Courses include a choice of Art and Culture in Rome, Comparative World Religion or Culture and Style in Italy, all taught in English, or Elementary Italian.
- The local Dean and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
Application/Deposit: October 1
Final Payment: November 15
U.S. citizens receive a 90-day tourist visa on arrival.
Non-U.S. citizens are responsible for making all necessary arrangements for obtaining a visa as required.
Cultural and Social Activities
Get a true taste of Italian culture and explore its culinary traditions, learning to cook typical Italian dishes and appreciate local wine. Visit the Colosseum and the Vatican Museum, admire Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, see the Pope in St. Peter’s Square, discover charming local neighborhoods with their traditional workshops and take part in the city’s lively cultural life attending concerts, the ballet, art exhibits, sports events or just strolling around to discover your favorite corner of the eternal city
- Welcome Reception and Orientation to help you get to know your classmates better, familiarize you with the local area and advise you about living in Rome
- Personalized Assistance by the Richmond Admissions Team in the U.S. to help you prepare for your study abroad experience
- On-site Dean and Support Staff to help with any questions or advice you may need while in Rome.
- Official Transcript: On completion of your program, a transcript will be sent to your home university