Richard McCarthy is the Executive Director of Slow Food USA. He embodies the phrase “think globally; act locally”. After Hurricane Katrina, Richard played a key role in restarting the local agricultural economy in the New Orleans area and was named a “Hero of the New South” in 2012 by Southern Living Magazine. He earned his bachelor’s degree at Richmond, The American International University in London.
- Rafal Soborski co-authors a chapter in The Routledge Handbook of EuroscepticismOctober 18, 2017 - 10:51 am
- ‘Isn’t it finally time we took Media Studies seriously?’ asks Richmond’s Assistant Professor of International Journalism Louise Byrne in the Times Higher EducationOctober 18, 2017 - 8:47 am
- Paul Rekret publishes new book, Derrida and Foucault: Philosophy, Politics, PolemicsOctober 17, 2017 - 2:35 pm
- Promoting Psychology Students’ Critical Thinking Skills: Challenges and OpportunitiesOctober 18, 2017 - 10:56 am
- Fantasy Apocalypse – A One-Day Joint Symposium of all things Science Fiction, fantasy and horror with The University of Northampton and Richmond The American International University in LondonOctober 10, 2017 - 2:57 pm
- On Friday 13th October, one member of the electro comedy duo Cassetteboy will speak in Dr. Nicola Mann’s AVC 4205 Introduction to Visual Culture class. Cassetteboy are known for their ‘mashups’ of celebrities such as David Cameron and Alan Sugar.October 9, 2017 - 10:17 am
- Undergraduate Open Day – 24th November 2017October 2, 2017 - 2:16 pm