Request a Transcript
- A Richmond transcript is the official record of your academic achievements at Richmond and carries the University seal and signature of the Head of Registry Services.
- Transcripts can be sent or handed directly to students, or sent by the Registry Services to other institutions, employers or students in sealed envelopes.
- Transcripts sent to other institutions (particularly those in the US) may require the transcript envelope to be received by them unopened.
- We do not issue unofficial transcripts, but current students can download these from their Self-Service accounts.
Requesting and Receiving a Transcript
- Students request transcripts by ordering through link below.
- Please submit your transcript order well in advance of the date you will need it. We aim to process transcript orders within 3-5 working days, but this may take longer during busy periods. You should allow time for us to resolve any queries, and for international postage (both Royal Mail and the postal system of the country to which it is being sent).
- We do not send transcripts by email as they contain a large amount of personal information.
- Students will be notified when their transcript has been processed and sent.
Every Richmond graduate is provided with a free transcript, issued after graduation with the Open University degree certificate, so that the OU result will appear on it. Students who graduate in the Fall or Summer terms should refer to OU Validation.
All transcripts cost £10.00.
Transcripts can be mailed directly to you or collected from the Registry Services in Richmond campus. These are stamped ‘issued to student’.
We can also place copies in officially-sealed envelopes and send them to other institutions in the UK or mail them to other institutions overseas (Standard Delivery included)
Transcripts can be sent by DHL for faster delivery (additional £20.00 per address)
Payment will be made at time of ordering via PayPal.
We do not release transcripts on behalf of students with outstanding financial obligations to the University.
We cannot accept any responsibility, including financial, for transcripts lost in transit.