University Pre-Sessional Course – 6 Weeks
The University offers Pre-Sessional English Language courses designed for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students (International & EU) who need to improve their English language skills prior to enrolment. During the course, you will study in a supportive academic environment at our central London campus located in Kensington. Our Pre-Sessional Course places greater emphasis on academic English and the study skills needed to take full advantage of your undergraduate or postgraduate programme. Unlike many other pre-sessional courses, our English language students have the opportunity to mix with native speakers of English enrolled on our summer programmes.
Classes and Assessment
The six-week courses consist of 15 hours contact per week and additional 10 hours of preparation and study are required. At every stage, you will be given the opportunity to reflect on your learning and demonstrate your development of critical thinking, through individual tutorials and independent learning sessions.
Pre-Sessional English Language Costs
English Language Tuition Fee: £1656
Accommodation: Room & Food £1500*
*Breakfast and Dinner from Monday to Friday
10th July – 18th August
English Language Requirements
You must have an offer of a place on one of our degree programmes and the IELTS score required for the particular course.
IELTS 5.0 Overall with 5.0 in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing
IELTS 6.0 Overall with 5.0 in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing
- An IELTS certificate with a UKVI reference number on it
- An IELTS test taken at a secure test centre – Effective 6 April 2015, the UKVI introduced a new list of approved IELTS test centres. IELTS tests taken after 5 April 2015 at centres other than these approved centres will no longer be considered Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) by the UKVI
- A valid IELTS test that is less than 2 years old (at the start of the course of study)
- Your IELTS scores must meet the entry requirements for the pre-sessional course you apply for
- The Trinity test if you sat the exam in London. Please contact us if you hold and London Trinity certificate