Richmond is the only university in the UK that has developed a very successful US-accredited undergraduate programme in International Sports Business offered in the UK. Building on this success, Richmond’s one-year master’s programme provides students with an opportunity to gain first-hand experience of sports business.
MA International Sports Business aims to develop your understanding of sports business in an international context. Our Master’s degree in International Sports Business builds on our teaching and research success and provides graduate students with a programme of study that is underpinned by the best sports industry practice, knowledge and partnerships.
A key feature of MA International Sports Business is that you will have an opportunity to specialise by combining your academic and practical knowledge and developing a research project with an internship that is of specific interest to you and the career ambitions.
☐ A first degree in any discipline with a minimum classification of 2.1 (Upper Second Class Honours) or its international equivalent
☐ IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in each Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
☐ TOEFL (IBT) 87 overall with: Listening 21, Reading 22, Writing 21, Speaking 23
☐ Pearson Academic Test of English (PTE) 62
☐ Cambridge English: Proficiency – Level C2 or Level C1
- Dynamic and highly qualified academic staff, who are experts in their field
- Access to the Chartered Management Institute’s (CMI) resource portals, ManagementDirect and employment opportunities database for the duration of their studies.
- Additional academic support, mentoring, and careers guidance
- US accreditation through the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Influential and supportive alumni from across the globe
- Competitive Tuition Fee costs
- Located in the South Kensington Central London campus
Key areas of study
- MA International Sports Business provides an important foundation for developing a career in the growing sports industry with a focus sports marketing, law, venue and athlete management and leaderships and management
- An opportunity to put theory in to practice through your selected project/dissertation and internships all of which will be supervised by your personal programme tutor
- Personal Development through enhancing your managerial, organisation skills and your professional career
Fall Semester (12 credits)
Contemporary Issues in International Sport Management
Strategic Management in Sport
Social Responsibility and Diversity in Sports
Spring Semester (12 credits)
Leadership & Management in Sport
Sport Economics and Finance
Organisation and Management of Sports Events
Sports Law, Contracts, and Negotiation
Psychology of Performance in Sport and Business
Coaching & Management of Sports Team
Football (Soccer) Co-Curricular Activity
Extended Dissertation without internship, 15,000 – 20,000 words (12 credits)
Dissertation with internship, 10,000– 12,000 words (8 credits, plus 4 credits for internship)
You apply directly using our online application system. In order to submit your application you will need the following information
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- An electronic copy of your in process or completed transcript or degree award certificate
When to apply
We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible, even if you are completing your undergraduate programme of study. In this case you will be offered a place that is conditional on successfully completing a specified qualification and English language qualification if applicable. If you would like your application to be considered for a Richmond bursary, an early application is strongly recommended
Admission is by interview unless you live outside the UK when we may interview you via Skype or by telephone. We may also determine your suitability on the basis of their application and qualifications alone. Find out more about applying.