MA International Sports Business with Football is a unique postgraduate programme providing an excellent opportunity to combine the study of the sports management industry with football training, team management and coaching.
MA International Sports Business is delivered with the Richmond International Academic and Soccer Academy (RAISA) and is offered at our Richmond campus with the athletic and coaching component located at the Bank of England Sports Centre. The programme is ideally suited to candidates who have an active interest in soccer who are seeking a solid foundation in strategic International Sports Business who seek momentum in building a career in football and in the sports industry. Candidates are also encouraged to participate in the accredited internship.
The programmes provides students with an opportunity to play in a top quality soccer academy at the graduate level with professional coaching and playing opportunities with a rigorous training and playing schedule. A key feature of MA International Sports Business is that you will have an opportunity to specialise by combining your academic and practical knowledge and developing a research project (and internship) that is of specific interest to you and the career ambitions.
☐ A first degree in any discipline with a minimum classification of 2.1 (Upper Second Class Honours) or its international equivalent
☐ IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in each Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
☐ TOEFL (IBT) 87 overall with: Listening 21, Reading 22, Writing 21, Speaking 23
☐ Pearson Academic Test of English (PTE) 62
☐ Cambridge English: Proficiency – Level C2 or Level C1
- Dynamic and highly qualified academic and coaching staff, who are experts in their field
- Combines Sports Management with a coaching qualification
- Provides an opportunity for continued soccer training with professional coaching support
- An integrated internship in a Sports Management setting and football career development advice
- Additional academic support, mentoring, and careers guidance
- US accreditation through the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Influential and supportive alumni from across the globe
- Located at Richmond Campus with football training at state of the art Bank of England sports facilities nearby
Key areas of study
- MA International Sports Business provides an important foundation for developing a career in football coaching, football team management and the wider sports industry with a focus on training, coaching, sports marketing, law and leaderships and management
- An opportunity to put theory in to practice through your selected project/dissertation and internships all of which will be supervised by your personal programme tutor
- Personal Development through enhancing your managerial, organisation skills and your professional career
Fall Semester (12 credits)
Contemporary Issues in International Sport Management
Strategic Management in Sport
Social Responsibility and Diversity in Sports
Spring Semester (12 credits)
Leadership & Management in Sport
Sport Economics and Finance
Football Training and Coaching
Football training and coaching sessions with FA and UEFA qualified coaching staff three times a week (2-3 hours) in modern, state of the art training facilities with one scheduled university match each week.
Organisation and Management of Sports Events
Sports Law, Contracts, and Negotiation
Psychology of Performance in Sport and Business
Coaching & Management of Sports Team
Football (Soccer) Co-Curricular Activity
Extended Dissertation without internship, 15,000 – 20,000 words (12 credits)
Dissertation with internship, 10,000– 12,000 words (8 credits, plus 4 credits for internship)
Once you have been accepted on the Soccer programmme www.riasasoccer.org you can apply directly to Richmond using our online application system. In order to submit your application you will need the following information.
- Apply to the Soccer Programme on RAISA website
- One accepted complete Richmond’s Direct Application Form
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- An electronic copy of your in process or completed transcript or degree award certificate
- An athletic-soccer training video
- Physical Evaluation Form
When to apply
We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible even if you are completing your undergraduate programme of study.
Admission is determined by your academic qualification (your undergraduate degree achievements), your athletic review, which consists of an attendance at one of the RIASA on the Road Events or evaluation of your submitted athletic training video and your completed physical evaluation form.