Dr Ivan K. Cohen
Associate Professor in Finance and Economics
Dr Ivan K. Cohen
Ivan Cohen began his career at Richmond in 1999, working primarily on the MBA programme. His research specialty is pensions and pension funds, particularly those in the UK. As well as considering the optimal structure for the provision of pensions, Ivan is also working in the implications of pensions' provision on the corporate and financial sectors of the economy. He is a consultant to small self-administered pension funds.In 2004, Ivan appeared on CNN to discuss the 75th anniversary of the Wall Street Crash of 1929.
Before coming to Richmond, Ivan worked as Education and Publications executive for The Jewish Association for Business Ethics, an educational charity, where he produced a Jewish Business Ethics curriculum ("Money and Morals") for upper-level secondary school students.
During the 1990s Ivan spent his career working in the United States of America. While there he regularly undertook media interviews (particularly television), and also earned his USSF soccer coaching license. Ivan continues to have an abiding fascination with Association Football ("soccer"), particularly its financing. His research includes investigations into soccer's transfer fees, and he has regularly given media interviews on many aspects of football.
Ivan holds both a B.A. (Honours) and M.A. in Economics from the University of Essex, as well as a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Sheffield. Prior to joining Richmond he taught at The University of North Carolina, Trinity College (Hartford, Connecticut), Imperial College, London, and The University of Notre Dame (London).
- ECN 211 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- ECN 301 Intermediate Macroeconomics
- FNN 304 Money and Banking
- BA 207 Financial Management
- BA 400 Managerial Finance
- FNN 301 Corporate Finance
- FNN 302 Principles of Investment
- FNN 402 International Finance
- FNN 404 The Global Investor
- FNN 406 Derivatives
- Focus on Financial Management (Winter 2004), Imperial College Press
- "Pension Funds: Let the Shareholders Have A Say". Chapter 13 in N. Janahardan Rao (edited by). Financial Markets: Emerging Scenario. Hyderabad, India, ICFAI Books (ICFAI UNiversity Press), 2004.
- "Pensions: The Way Ahead", The Analyst (December 2003), monthly magazine of The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI).
- "A Managerial-Based Model of the Investment Behaviour of the U.K. Pension Funds", (September 1994) British Academy of Management 1994 Conference, and Papers and Proceedings
- "Reading Difficulties-The Economists' Paradigm", (1986 ) Reading Psychology 7(1)
- Modelling the Investment Behaviour of the U. K. Pension Funds", (1981) Managerial Finance 7(3)