Key Goals of the Strategic Plan 2012-2017 (Revised 2014)
- By 2017 to have increased FTE student enrolment from all sources, including undergraduate and postgraduate degree students, study abroad and increased retention to a total of 2000 students versus the current 1060 (2012).
- To invest in new academic staff to increase academic offerings and to improve the organisational structure of the university. By 2017 to have ten new undergraduate degrees and six new postgraduate degrees.
- To improve the students’ learning experience and to enhance the learning environment of the University through investment in library technology and e-learning resources. To establish a Centre for Learning and Teaching and to work with the UK Higher Education Academy.
- To develop an enhanced ‘Student Experience’, evidenced by increasing freshman progression and projected completion to 85% by 2017, along with achieving an 85% satisfaction rate on standardised surveys. To implement a ‘Graduate Employability Strategy’ and to develop even further internships in London and abroad. To enable students to develop ‘active citizenship through volunteering and service learning opportunities.
- To improve the research profile of the university through developing a ‘Research Strategy’ for the University and to establish at least two Research Centres in our two schools.
- To improve Quality Assurance through Comprehensive Assessment, Institutional Research and Quality Enhancement in order to obtain direct UK Degree Awarding Powers by 2016 through the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA, UK) and to maintain good standing with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE,USA).
- To invest in and improve alumni relations and fund raising for the university to support financial sustainability through sustained giving and funding of projects. Targets to raise £1.5 million by year 3 and £3 million by year 5.
- To improve the Physical Environment of the University by upgrading existing buildings as funding permits. To review usage and maintenance of all University facilities with a view to increasing better utilisation as well as improving facilities.
- To build cooperative agreements with the local communities and colleges in Richmond and Kensington. To work with schools and FE Colleges to widen participation. To embed civic engagement in the curriculum.
- To establish strategic partnerships with international universities, with key partnerships in the USA, China, Turkey and India to provide exchange programmes for our students as well as offering progression opportunities.